Friday 28 January 2011

Where a cat or dog will cross its legs when it needs to go out, Monty my parrot just shrieks "I want to come out!"

5.45pm
Now have headache. Whereas a cat or dog will go and stand by the back door and cross its legs when it needs to go out, Monty my parrot just shrieks "I want to come out!" as if he's being slain.   Out on parole earlier, he scuttled up and down the bars screeching "what's this" as he glared at computer screen. As I write, he is stomping up and down his perch, shedding feathers and  bossing our two budgies around, telling them to be quiet and get on their perch. For their part they are trilling hysterically as they fight over one piece of apple even though two pieces in cage.  I wonder if anyone else has written a book inside an aviary.  Now there's knock on the back door....so much for concentration.

It was delivery man, with another parcel for next door.  As I am not working and everyone else in world must be,  I am now unofficial hub for Parcel Force, Royal Mail, UPS. Kitchen resembles sorting office some days. Post man and me on such good terms I know names of all his children, step children and their children, leave him on doorstep to answer phone which turns out to be Monty doing flawless impression...

No comments:

Post a Comment