Thursday 20 January 2011

Where I deny that I am lazy, just resting

Frankly, I'd lie along the sofa all day if I thought I would get away with it dear reader. But since I'm now working from home and I'm afraid of turning into a well upholstered piece of furniture, I've been to the gym this morning in a vain attempt to defy gravity. (sickeningly smug smile) The only good thing about being on Job Seeker's Allowance is that you get free stuff such as prescriptions  or  concessions,  same as Pensioners or students. So for me and my little friend Bee, the membership to the torture chamber, that masquerades as a fitness centre, is half price.
Whilst gasping my last on the cross trainer and watching the morning's TV to relieve the boredom, the review of the morning's news papers revealed 'fifities is the best age.'  According to the Daily Mail's survey, people of this age group (my age group aargh!) are supposed to be better off than ever. When I was a child forty five was ancient and you would expect death at any time around fifty.  Now we're critical if Carol Vorderman's bottom doesn't look pert enough in a jump suit.  Ah the pressure of looking good at fifty plus VAT.
Apparently lots of us nifty fifties are finding new jobs, retraining for a fresh challenge, definitely see more mature faces at job centre than expected. So no excuses this afternoon must get website started and put some of my writing on it, life will not change itself. But perhaps I'll just have five more minutes on sofa with packet of crisps to think about it..

1 comment:

  1. Lovely!..... I love your new blog...... I shall follow forever!

    ReplyDelete