Wednesday 26 January 2011

Where I have decided Fridge is too close to my desk

Fridge is right next to my desk so  I can now open door and take out cheese and lemon tart without taking right hand off key board. Or even looking over shoulder. Reminds me of being away in a camper van with my step children,  I could lie in bed and fry bacon, eggs and sausage without leaving bunk. I didn't have quite same success with cheese on toast, as grill pan slipped and  toast did Olympic style back flip dive, before landing cheddar side down on the orange shag pile carpet and had to be removed with manicure scissors. Why do lots of camper vans have orange and brown interiors? Anyway, must get menfolk to move desk to somewhere less convenient for snacks tonight as have noticed correlation between accessibility of  fridge and snugger fit of best jeans.

Earlier got lovely message from a friend and fellow writer in America who tells me she has finished first draft of her novel. Very jealous.  Better get back to work. Today I am in village in Ireland where heroine Bernadette is baking cakes for village shop, hmmm that reminds me I can probably just reach that last piece of tart while I type another couple of lines...know it's here somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment