Monday 7 February 2011

Where I actually manage to get first draft of Pearls & Suitcase chapter 1 finished

Hurrah, Hurrah! Although I am creaking like the bow of a old sailing ship, as I have been typing for six hours and am now trying to stand up, I have good news. I have just finished the first draft of chapter one/two of my epic The Pearls & the Suitcase.  Inspired by Sophie Hannah's talk on Friday evening at the local "Crime and Cake" event, I have locked myself away today and managed to get some work done, hence the lateness of this blog.  I even have a blister on finger tip to prove my manic efforts on the keyboard. Obviously I have had to bribe Monty and the budgies for their silence with food, mostly apple pieces and nuts and so by the time the book is finished they will be enormous - Monty may even feed a family of five with enough stuffing... you know I'm just kidding, I love my boys (most of the time) but if you know of a birdie weight watchers be sure to drop me a line.  In the meantime if you feel like reading the opening, please click onto My Utterly Marvellous Website on the link to the left. or click on this link https://sites.google.com/site/fionamclanders/The-Pearls--the-Suitcase-rough-sketch-and-cast
If you want to leave comments I would be delighted, as I need all the help I can get. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment