Wednesday 16 February 2011

Where in order to buy purple crocodile handbag I need a part time job

6.00pm
Have decided the chances of being published are like winning lottery. No not true.  Much less than winning lottery. So meanwhile I think I will apply for job with company called 'Aspirational.' Three of us picked up the info' pack  at the Job Centre Seminar last week and I wonder how Dazza the fork lift truck driver and the James the unemployed graduate are doing with their applications.  It would seem that I could work from home, answering the telephone part time for a number of companies and get paid (yippee, money = purple crocodile handbag) while penning novel.  It sounds absolutely mah-vellous. Or too good to be true according to The Husband.
"It says you have to pay for your own headset, a security check(?), a dedicated phone line and some other bits and pieces." I tell him
"So let me get this right," husband  says, repeating list in Monty like manner, "you buy your own listening device, install a dedicated line and have to undergo security checks to answer the phone in your own house? Sounds more like MI 5 to me."
"They give you the money back at the end of six weeks training programme."  I say reading the form.   "Apparently I have to do something called "match assessment" first, (whatever that may be).
"Well then apply, what's the worst thing that can happen?"
"I fail."
"To get job answering the telephone? You're having a laugh" he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment