Wednesday 23 February 2011

Where I'm deeply suspicious of any plants that eat sausages

9.30
Quick update on loads of earth shattering stuff.  First, amazed to find I have been blogging for a month now and as I didn't think I'd see the first week out, thank you to everyone who has been reading my old tosh. Second, as of last night there was still no news about adoption of girl parrot :( 
Also, after my careful cultivation and nurturing of crop of seedlings, the Budgie's hate their gourmet "budgie grass" and Monty thinks it's a long haired green predator and growls when I get near cage with tub.  It is now about 20cm tall, which is spooky when you think it was lying dormant in a packet of seeds until last Monday.  It's like having the alien growing on your coffee table, have you read the true story, " The day of the Triffids?" Am now frightened to turn my back on it like Venus fly catcher. I'm  deeply suspicious of any plant that eats sausages, aren't you? 
The Husband says if we'd planted "budgie grass" outside,  it would now be too tall for lawn mower to cope with and he'd have to use a scythe, like one used by Grim Reaper.  He reckons it would grow in Sahara it's so coarse.
"Have brilliant idea," I tell The Husband, "Can "budgie grass" not be cloned with wheat?  Surely then we could feed the entire planet in two weeks time."
"Hmmm," he says reading newspaper.
"Hah," I say, "I may not be good at maths but do you think I'm possible Nobel Prize winner in  biology."
"Hmmmm, hmm" he says without looking up, "I think cup of tea would be lovely. "

Back later as I have been putting off writing a list about how I procrastinate and should really make effort.

1 comment:

  1. Well having made run on pondland on the eye shades note newcastle Eldon sq, poundland SOLD OUT ALL EYE Shades liners etc, have you bought all to be sold on e-bay, but now you have grass could it be dyed to make wigs, Oh yes told abba eye shade sarted in Aberdeen, women seen in Hexham cafe had it on from Aberdeen, all the cafe staff etc wanted to copy, so easy to start a run on things,

    ReplyDelete