Saturday 19 February 2011

Where I consider training my parrot to steal toupes

11.05am
Quick update, as going out with The Husband 
Unfortunately, absolutely no success with finding parrot tail wig for Monty, before Sunday's birdie blind date. However I did tap into a veritable gold mine of Parrot toupe jokes and sketches. They include gems such as parrot creeping along back of sofa and stealing hairpiece from unsuspecting victim who is in amorous embrace with lady friend and another where parrot  shouts "where did you get that, mate, Axminster carpets?"  Although this wasn't exactly what I had in mind, if budding romance fails, maybe he has a promising career on the stage. Come to think of it. he'd also make a very good wedding singer as his rendition of  "You're just to good to be true," with plenty of beak quivering vibrato on the word 'true,' takes some beating.
Hmmmm, maybe we could work together if I don't get the job with 'Aspirational,' that I applied for earlier this week... he's a bit of Prima Donna already, won't eat his grapes unless I peel them and take the seeds out, demands to be blow dried  when he's had a shower, perfect luvvie material, I'd say.

Also, Budgie grass now 5cm high. It grows so fast you can hear it squeaking, it's a bit spooky. When I looked at it on Thursday morning,  there was a sprinkling of sparse short yellow shoots. By mid afternoon it was, dense, green and 2cm higher. If you run your hand over surface it feels like hedgehog, would probably grow on surface of moon. Hmmmm maybe that's where it came from in first place, gives new meaning to astro turf....  Anyway, can't wait to see what  Linus and Ramone make of their new gourmet salad. Will give to them later as Linus is always cross in mornings (somewhat like The Husband)  and goes for my veins when I put my hand in cage to bring breakfast. (Full English for Linus, croissants and jam for Ramone).

No comments:

Post a Comment