Tuesday 22 February 2011

Where I have anxiety attack and need help from NASA

10.30am
Aaaaargh, finally finished the maths test last night at about 8.30pm, thought about ringing someone I know  who works at NASA for help but The Husband said that would be cheating. Grrr. He had arrived home in middle of test and was getting increasingly grumpy because dinner delayed by my inability to answer questions.  As he never cooks( he says he will learn as soon as I start putting out bins, washing cars and mowing lawn) he consoled himself with a mountain of buttered toast and kept asking "how many more left to do now?" Getting crosser when no progress being made.
It was becoming clear the that job entails not only answering the phone but selling products and also giving advice to customers.The last few questions were increasingly difficult (although in fairness, that could have  been the second G&T in half an hour and starvation addling what's left of brain). Hmmm, it all sounded so easy when I was given application at  Job Centre Seminar, wonder how Dazza the fork lift truck driver and James the graduate are fairing with theirs.
"Oh dear."
"What now?" said The Husband through mouthful of crumbs.
"They've given me lots of baffling info about various payment programmes and I have to work out best deal for customer."
"Can't be that difficult," he said.
I had anxiety attack, imagined self back in old Richard Tator's maths class at high school (his nick name was Dick for a number of reasons I won't go into, but I will say it was not because he was clever).
The page began to swim and the next question began to blur.
"For goodness sake," said The Husband picking up calculator, "read it out."
Silver programme is 20% per month off, ...blah blah (I feel my mind wandering) ....is divided by the number of people who have fallen into coma while doing test, multiplied by 10% of the number of applicants who don't give a monkey's, added to the square route of the whole...
"Better still," he said looking at me strangely, "put the kettle on and give your friend a ring."

1 comment:

  1. why not go to poundland buy ABBA eye shade and seel on ebay for £5 and see if you make any money, ps you caused a rush to metro when girls found out, some boys as well???? yes well you never know these days xx

    ReplyDelete