Thursday 3 February 2011

Where I'm stunned by the wonders of ebay and a beanstalk

11.00am
Email from ebay this morning-
"Congratulations! You are highest bidder for item: Vintage scented soaps from Spain, in original satin lined box, with Flamenco dancer design on lid."

It is accompanied by the helpful footnote which reads -
"Don't miss these related items"

Liverpool FC pewter key ring
Collection of 5 corkscrews (condition used, a little rust)
Barcelona FC imprinted lighter (brand new)
Small meth's burner, in metal case
Glass and lead propagator

Mmmm... is  it just me, or.....oh, never mind.


8.30pm
Had success with  writing this afternoon.  (Which means I actually did some). Instead of baking or reading Joules Spring Catalogue again from cover to cover (I could now do written test on contents, especially page 20 with the nice brown boots). Sometimes words just seem to sprout out of the keys and blossom into this beanstalk of a story. Husband says that's because I write like I talk. (What does he mean by that I wonder?) Anyway, I think I'll need a  chainsaw to prune story back into a neat topiary at some point but at the moment I'm just glad to go along with the growth. Writing anything is better than nothing at all I tell myself. At least you can edit rubbish. I think....

1 comment: