Monday 14 February 2011

Where I plant Budgie Cafe and there's talk of Colliseum and Christmas Cactus

11.00am
Gosh! Can hardly contain my excitement. This morning I have planted the seeds we bought yesterday, watered them in their dinky tubs and  have placed them on a sunny window sill (well sunny for winter, in Northumberland obviously). Allegedly, according to label, by Friday we should have a nice crop of  "Budgie Grass" or a  "Budgie Cafe."  I will keep you posted on progress of my foray into horticulture but I'm encouraged by picture on tub which shows luxuriant grass, sprouting in abundance of juicy shoots, with Budgies having a slap up feast.
Husband not very optimistic as he says I am to house plants, what Colliseum was to Christians.
OK, so I didn't do to well with the Christmas Cactus.
"How was I supposed to know it needed water?" I told The Husband, "they live in desert after all, where there was no rain when I was at school," (although  maybe different  now with climate change.) The Husband says our house plants are in worse  condition than the Rubber plants in the Estate Agents window but that cannot be true as I never feed our plants left over coffee.
I must try and write new chapter of book but as usual have been up in night rewriting third chapter as have now changed it to a dialogue between two characters. Will never get any longer at this rate.
Also, need to finish reading all the information in the application pack I got at Job Centre seminar on Friday. If I am having difficulty sleeping again tonight, must remember to get it out, that ought to do the trick in no time.  Seems odd to me but it looks as if I have to spend quite a bit of my own dosh  for "initial investment" to start with. Hmmmm, maybe I am not reading it properly, as most people I have spoken to on Job Seekers Allowance do not have any spare dosh, so must have another look when I get back from hairdressers.


No comments:

Post a Comment