Tuesday 8 February 2011

Where I discover another white hair lurking in eyebrows

Aaaargh! Look in magnifying mirror this morning and have discovered another white hair in eyebrows.  Bee always says just to pluck them out.  Examine more closely and decide at this rate I will have no eyebrows left. As I'm pale to begin with (too many hours spent indoors typing according to The Husband) I will probably look completely featureless, like shocked boiled egg. Ring my mother who suggests drawing them in with an eyebrow pencil but with just a few strokes, look astonishingly like Mortisha Adams. So then have brilliant idea  for 'natural look' and decide to use use mascara brush to comb them through so they match eyelashes.   Thirty seconds later,  I now have a pair of hairy caterpillars mating on top of face. Husband who is getting out of shower is helpful as ever.
"Heh heh, they're like those stick on moustaches you get for fancy dress -and by the way isn't that the door bell?  he says loofa-ing  himself  with towel, "don't be ridiculous dear, I can't answer it, I'm wet."

I only go because am expecting delivery of a fab dress from ebay.

"Good article on you in Friday's paper," Postman Fred says, looking at my brows suspiciously, "I didn't know you were writing a novel, my what an exciting life,"  he says handing me the parcel   "better let you get back to it!"   
I stomp back upstairs throw parcel on bed as it is for neighbours and not ebay dress.
"Oh no I can't believe it!"
"What now?" says The Husband, pulling on socks, getting exasperated.
"I have now found a dark whisker on chin.  Why is it there and not in eyebrows?"  I say looking in mirror again, "Oh, my god is it start of a beard?"
The Husband says sadly much as he would love to stay and discuss further, he must tear himself away and get to work.

1 comment:

  1. I have always Mascared (made up word) my eyebrows, and painted every other feature of my face in.... otherwise not only will no-one recognise me they will think I am a bland alien.
    Lets forget about whiskers and other unwanted growths.....

    ReplyDelete